The information in the archive was published by MAFF, Department of Health and the Scottish Executive before 1 April 2000 when the Food Standards Agency was established.
The Food Safety and Standards (Policy) Branch
This Branch is headed by Mrs Mary McAllan.
Phone :0131 244 6186/6553
Fax: 0131 244 6445
The Branch comprises a total of 8 staff. The functions of the Branch include:-
- the Food Standards Agency policy, legislation and implementation
- general enquiries, regarding food hygiene and temperature controls
- policy on the microbiological and chemical safety of food
- food standards, labelling, composition, additives
- genetically modified organisms and novel and irradiated foods